Faculty Members, Staff and Students
We know you're doing good work – why not share it with the world? If you'd like to tell your story, contact Susan White, communications advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our communications team can help you with news releases, university publications, contacts with local journalists and our online media.
If you are a member of the news media who would like more information about the Faculty of Business Administration, or if you would like to speak to one of our staff or faculty members, please contact:
- We opened our doors in 1954 with the bachelor of commerce degree.
- In 1973, the School of Business Administration and Commerce started the first co-operative undergraduate business program in Canada.
- Our first graduate program was established in 1978 with the launch of the master of business administration (MBA) program.
- The P.J. Gardiner Institute was established in 1978 – the first centre for small business support to be established within a Canadian university.
- The school was granted faculty status in 1981, becoming the Faculty of Business Administration.
- In 2002, we became the first business school in Atlantic Canada to earn accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- The Gardiner Centre opened in 2008 following the amalgamation of the Centre for Management Development and the P.J. Gardiner Institute.
- In 2011, our undergraduate programs became nationally accredited as certified in management by the Canadian Institute of Management.
- Our first PhD student, Behzad Hezarkhani, graduated in October 2011.