Chair in Teaching and Learning
Prof. Lyle Wetsch
Chair, Teaching & Learning
Chairs in teaching and learning at Memorial University are intended to enhance the student learning experience by promoting the development of innovative pedagogical approaches, teaching capacity and competence across the university, within academic and support units, and at the level of individual faculty members.
Held by associate professor Lyle Wetsch at the Faculty of Business Administration, the chair in teaching and learning will:
- Help create a learning community of scholars and professionals dedicated to teaching and learning excellence;
- Develop and disseminate best practices;
- Develop strategies and programs to assist critical challenges and immediate needs facing teaching and learning at Memorial;
- Develop the next generation of teachers by mentoring junior faculty and graduate students;
- Promote the scholarship of teaching and learning;
- Meet the challenges of changing demographics and resource availability in the teaching environment; and
- Advance the objects of Memorial’s Teaching and Learning Framework.