Working in Canada

On-campus jobs are available to international students at Memorial University. These jobs are called International Student Work Experience Program (ISWEP) positions, which are posted online during the first week of each semester. More information about the ISWEP program can be found here.

International students must have a valid study permit to apply for ISWEP positions. All students who are studying in Canada for more than six months are required to apply for a study permit.

However, students who study at MUN for less than a year generally do not apply for a study permit. Therefore, if students are interested in applying for a job on campus, they will need to apply for a study permit (even if they are coming for less than six months). For more information regarding the requirements and application process to obtain a study permit, visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.