BA, MA, PhD
Dr. Alex Faseruk Chair in Financial Management Education
Dr. Emmanuel Haven earned a bachelor of arts and master of arts in economics from McGill University and a PhD in finance from Concordia University. He’s the former head of the finance division at the School of Business, University of Leicester (United Kingdrom).
His research applies concepts from physics to social science. He has published in social science journals such as Economic Theory, Journal of Mathematical Psychology, European Journal of Operational Research, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, International Review of Financial Analysis, Theory and Decision and Frontiers in Psychology. He also has published in science journals such as Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, Foundations of Physics, Physica Scripta, International Journal of Theoretical Physics, Acta Applicandae Mathematicae, Progress in Biophysics, Molecular Biology and other journals.
Dr. Haven has been awarded several times a ‘super star award’ from the Students' Union (University of Leicester) for his teaching.
- Associate college member of the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) UK Peer Review College and member of the Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC) UK Peer Review College.
- Secretary of IQSCS, a research centre for quantum social and cognitive science at the University of Leicester.
- Member of the board of the International Center for Mathematical Modelling (ICMM) at Linnaeus University (Sweden).
- Co-editor of Economics
Selected refereed journal articles
- Aerts, D., Haven, E. & Sozzo, S. (2017). A proposal to extend expected utility in a quantum probabilistic framework. Economic Theory. (In press)
- Brandenburger, A., Haven, E., Khrennikov, A., Ma, C., Machina, M. & Sozzo, S. (2017). Quantum Probability Theory and its Economic Applications. Special Issue. Journal of Mathematical Economics. (Forthcoming).
- Haven, E. & Khrennikov, A. (2017). The use of action functionals within the quantum-like paradigm. Journal of Mathematical Psychology, (78, 13-23).
- Robinson, T., Haven, E. & Fry, A. (2017). Quantum counting: operator methods for discrete population dynamics with applications to cell division. Progress in Biophysics and Molecular Biology. (In press)
- Haven, E. & Khrennikov, A. (2016). Statistical and subjective interpretations of probability in quantum-like models of cognition and decision making. Journal of Mathematical Psychology, (74, 82-91).
- Robinson, T. & Haven, E. (2015). Quantization and quantum-like phenomena: A number amplitude approach. International Journal of Theoretical Physics, (54 (12), 4576-4590).
- Haven, E. & Khrennikov, A. (2015). Editors of the special issue: “Selected papers from the Fields Institute Conference (University of Toronto), ‘Quantum Probability and the Mathematical Modelling of Decision Making’.” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A. Volume 374. Issue 2058. With an editorial from David Garner, FRS, editor-in-chief of Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A.
- Bagarello, F. & Haven, E. (2015). Towards a formalization of a two traders market with information exchange. Physica Scripta. (90(1) 015203).
- Haven, E. & Sozzo, S. (2015). A generalized probability framework to model economic agents’ decisions under uncertainty. International Review of Financial Analysis (47, 297-303).
- Haven, E., Liu, H. & Shen, L. (2012). De-noising option prices with the wavelet method. European Journal of Operational Research (222, 104-112).
- Haven, E., Liu, H., Ma, C. & Shen, L. (2009). Revealing the implied risk-neutral MGF with the wavelet method. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control (33 (3), 692-709).
Popular science press
- Haven, E. & Khrennikov, A. (2013). Physics goes social: How behaviour obeys quantum logic. New Scientist. (July 3 Issue, 26-27).
- Haven, E. & Khrennikov, A. (2013). Quantum Social Science. Cambridge University Press (Cambridge, UK)
- Haven, E., Molyneux, P. Wilson, J., Fedotov, S. & Duygun, M. (2016). The Handbook of Post Crisis Financial Modelling. Palgrave MacMillan Handbook Series
- Haven, E. & Khrennikov, A. (2017). The Palgrave Handbook of Quantum Models in Social Science. Palgrave MacMillan Handbook Series
- Haven, E., Khrennikov, A. & Robinson, T. (2017). Quantum Methods in Social Science: A First Course. World Scientific Press (Singapore)