BBA, M.Sc., PhD
- Operations Management
Dr. Isabelle Dostaler's research focuses on aerospace and aviation management, business strategy and performance and the impact of transportation on regional development. She’s also interested in the field of management education and her recent research has focused on teaching methods and the gap between business practice and business research. Her research has been published in journals such as the Canadian Journal of Higher Education, Production and Operations Management, Journal of Air Transport Management, Journal of Aviation/Aerospace Education & Research, Operations Management Research and the Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences. She also writes for a practitioner audience and is frequently asked by various media to comment on business news. Her teaching interests include strategy, critical business thinking and technology management.
Prior to joining Memorial University, Dr. Dostaler was a faculty member at the John Molson School of Business at Concordia University where she held positions as accreditation director, academic director of the Aviation Think Tank and director of the Executive MBA and the Aviation MBA. Dr. Dostaler received her PhD from Cambridge University and holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees from HEC Montréal.
- Dostaler, I., Robinson, M.A. and Tomberlin, T.J. (2017). A focus on engagement: Defining, measuring and nurturing a key pillar of AACSB standards. Organization Management Journal, 14(1), 45-55.
- Fiset, J. and Dostaler, I. (2017). Opening the ambidexterity black box: Three product development stories. Technology Innovation Management Review, 7(3), 4-11.
- Dostaler, I., Lloyd, S., Nsakanda, A.L. and Virk, R.R.K. (2017). Measuring the competitiveness of Canadian national airports under various regulatory and ownership structures: A scenario analysis approach. 21th Air Transport Research Society Conference, Antwerp, Belgium.
- Gardes, N., Dostaler, I., Barrédy, C. and Gourmel-Rouger, C. (2015). Aerospace clusters and competitiveness poles: A France-Quebec Comparison. Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering, 3, 52-62.
- Fiset, J. and Dostaler, I., (2013). Combining old and new tricks: Ambidexterity in aerospace design and integration teams. Team Performance Management, 19(7/8), 314-330.
- Dostaler, I. (2013). Competing in the global aerospace supply chain: The case of the Canadian aerospace industry. Operations Management Research, 6(1), 32-43.
- Dostaler, I. and Tomberlin, T.J. (2013). The great divide between business school research and business practice. Canadian Journal of Higher Education, 43(1), 115-128.