BA, MA, MBA, PhD
Dr. Natalie Slawinski earned her PhD in strategic management from the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario. Her research focuses on understanding sustainability, temporality and paradoxes in organizations. Her most recent research examines these themes in the context of social enterprise. Dr. Slawinski serves as an Academic Advisor to Memorial’s Centre for Social Enterprise. She has also been named a Research Fellow at the Cambridge University Judge Business School’s Centre for Social Innovation.
Dr. Slawinski’s research appears in such journals as Organization Science, Strategic Management Journal and Organization Studies. In addition, her work has been cited in the Globe and Mail, the Financial Post, and Canadian Business magazine. Her research is supported by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council.
- Bowen, F., Bansal, P., & Slawinski, N. 2018. Managing scale: Collaborative industry self-regulation for issues of different scales. Strategic Management Journal. Forthcoming.
- Slawinski, N. & Bansal, P. 2017. The Paradoxes of Time in Organizations. In Smith, W. K., Lewis, M. W., Jarzabkowski, P., and Langley, A. (Eds.) The Oxford Handbook of Organizational Paradox: 372-392. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Slawinski, N, Pinkse, J., Busch, T. & Banerjee, B. 2017. The role of time and uncertainty in corporate climate change inaction: A multilevel framework. Business and Society. 56(2): 253–282.
- Slawinski, N. 2016. (G)local Philanthropy: Local Ideas, Global Potential – the Shorefast Foundation. In Jung, T., Phillips, S. & Harrow, J. (Eds.) The Routledge Companion to Philanthropy. London and New York: Routledge.
- Slawinski, N., & Bansal, P. 2015. Short on time: Intertemporal tensions in business sustainability. Organization Science. 26(2): 531-549.
- Van der Byl, C., & Slawinski, N. 2015. Embracing tensions in corporate sustainability: A review of research on win-wins and trade-offs to paradoxes and beyond. Organization & Environment. 28(1): 54-79.
- Mazutis, D. & Slawinski, N. 2015. Reconnecting Business & Society: Perceptions of Authenticity in Corporate Social Responsibility. Journal of Business Ethics. 131: 137-150.
- Slawinski, N., & Bansal, P. 2012. A matter of time: Temporal perspectives in organizational responses to climate change. Organization Studies, 33(11): 1537-1563.