BA, MA, MBA, PhD
Dr. Natalie Slawinski received her doctor of philosophy (PhD) in strategic management from the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario in 2010, and was awarded the Governor General’s Gold Medal. Her research focuses on how organizations balance short-term economic goals with longer-term social and environmental goals. Her articles have appeared in such journals as Organization Science, Journal of Business Ethics and Organization Studies. In addition, her work has been cited in the Globe and Mail, the Financial Post, and Canadian Business magazine.
- Slawinski, N. & Bansal, P. 2017. The Paradoxes of Time in Organizations. In Lewis, M. W., Smith, W. K., Jarzabkowski, P., and Langley, A. (Eds.) Handbook of Organizational Paradox: Approaches to Plurality, Tensions and Contradictions. Oxford University Press.
- Slawinski, N. Forthcoming. Helping Newfoundland and Labrador Flourish through Social Enterprise. In Marland, A., and Moore, L. (Eds.) The Democracy Cookbook: Recipes to Renew Governance in Newfoundland and Labrador. St. John’s: ISER Books.
- Potvin C, Sharma D, Creed I, Aitken S, Anctil F, Bennett E, Berkes F, Bernstein S, Bleau N, Bourque A, Brown B, Burch S, Byrne J, Cunsolo A, Dale A, de Lange D, Dyck B, Entz M, Etcheverry J, Faucher R, Fenech A, Fraser L, Henriques I, Heyland A, Hoffmann M, Hoberg G, Holden M, Huang G, Jacob AL, Jodoin S, Kemper A, Lucotte M, Maranger R, Margolis L, Mauro I, McDonnell J, Meadowcroft J, Messier C, Mkandawire M, Morency C, Mousseau N, Oakes K, Otto S, Palmater P, Palmer TS, Paquin D, Perl A, Potvin A, Ramos H, Raudsepp-Hearne C, Richards N, Robinson J, Sheppard S, Simard S, Sinclair BJ, Slawinski N, Stoddart M, Villard M-A, Villeneuve C, and Wright T. 2017. Stimulating a Canadian narrative for climate. FACETS. 2: 131–149.
- Slawinski, N, Pinkse, J., Busch, T. & Banerjee, B. 2017. The role of time and uncertainty in corporate climate change inaction: A multilevel framework. Business and Society. 56(2): 253–282.
- Slawinski, N. 2016. (G)local Philanthropy: Local Ideas, Global Potential – the Shorefast Foundation. In Jung, T., Phillips, S. & Harrow, J. (Eds.) The Routledge Companion to Philanthropy. London and New York: Routledge.
- Slawinski, N., & Bansal, P. 2015. Short on time: Intertemporal tensions in business sustainability. Organization Science. 26(2): 531-549.
- Van der Byl, C., & Slawinski, N. 2015. Embracing tensions in corporate sustainability: A review of research on win-wins and trade-offs to paradoxes and beyond. Organization & Environment. 28(1): 54-79.
- Gao, J. & Slawinski, N. 2015. The impact of stakeholder management on corporate international diversification. Business and Society Review. 120(3): 409-433.
- Mazutis, D. & Slawinski, N. 2015. Reconnecting Business & Society: Perceptions of Authenticity in Corporate Social Responsibility. Journal of Business Ethics. 131: 137-150.
- Sexty, R., Slawinski, N., & Baker, K. 2013. Don’t just dump it! Saving Sandy Pond. Case Research Journal. 33(1): 117-135.
- Slawinski, N., & Bansal, P. 2012. A matter of time: Temporal perspectives in organizational responses to climate change. Organization Studies, 33(11): 1537-1563.