BA, MBA, PhD
- International Business
Dr. Paul Komiak is an assistant professor of international business and finance at the Faculty of Business Administration at Memorial University. He holds a doctor of philosophy (PhD) in International business administration from Texas A&M International University as well as a bachelor of arts (BA) in economics and a master of business administration (MBA) in international business and finance from the University of Chicago.
Dr. Komiak holds professional certifications such as accredited senior appraiser in business valuation and as certified fraud examiner. His research focuses on the relations among international governance, strategy and policy from a multi-disciplinary perspective. He is a specialist in mergers and acquisitions.
- Visiting Scholar at Columbia University.
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators Research Competition Winner.
- Two research awards from the International Academy of Business and Public Administration Disciplines.
- Grant recipient from U.S. D.O.E., IRIF, CICBV, VP SSHRC (internal), and numerous travel grants.
- Komiak, P. (2011). Acquisitions via the Bankruptcy Venue: Bankruptcy Sales as a Cleansing Mechanism in the Acquisition Process. The Academy of Management Perspectives (under review).
- Komiak, P. (2011). Intensity, Extensity, and Geographic Concentration: Indicators of Value in Domestic and Cross-Border Acquisitions. Academy of International Business, Nagoya, Japan.
- Komiak, P. (2011). Culture’s Effect on International Diversity in the Upper Echelon. Academy of International Business, Nagoya, Japan.
- Newfoundland and Labrador Sector Advantages and Disadvantages
- Classified Stock and Market Valuation: the Contemporary Canadian Experience