BS, MS, PhD
- Organizational Behaviour
Dr. Rebecca Franklin received her doctor of philosophy (PhD) in business administration with a specialization in entrepreneurship from Oklahoma State University (OSU) in 2013. Her research interests include the role of cognition as it relates to motivation, self-regulation and well-being as well as other constructs that facilitate positive behaviors and successful outcomes for entrepreneurs and their organizations. She has been published in Journal of Management, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, and Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship.
Prior to pursuing her PhD, Dr. Franklin founded and established two businesses. During her time as an entrepreneur, she was honored in Oklahoma Magazine’s Top 40 Under 40, The Journal Record’s Achievers Under 40, and Urban Tulsa’s Top Movers and Shakers. She served as a board member of various organizations including years spent as a Mayoral appointee to the City of Tulsa’s Economic Development Commission, founding member of Young Professionals of Tulsa, past president of Tulsa Now, and advisory board member for the OSU Culinary School.
- Baron, R. A., Franklin, R. J., & Hmieleski, K. M. (2013). Why entrepreneurs often experience low, not high, stress: Joint effects of selection and psychological capital. Journal of Management, in press.
- Franklin, R. J., Morris, M. H., & Webb, J. W. (2013). Entrepreneurial activity in American Indian nations: Extending the GEM methodology. Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship, 18(2).
- Morris, M. H., Webb, J. W., & Franklin, R. J. (2011). Understanding the manifestation of entrepreneurial orientation in the nonprofit context. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 35(5): 947-971.
- Morris, M.H., Franklin, R. J., & Webb, J. W. (2011). Benchmarking entrepreneurial activity in an American Indian nation: Extending the GEM Methodology. Best Paper Proceedings of the 2011 Academy of Management Meeting: San Antonio, Texas.
- Franklin, R. J. (2012). Measures of entrepreneurial activity across countries. In M. R. Marvel (Ed.), Encyclopedia of New Venture Management. Thousand Oaks, California: Sage Publishing.
- Franklin, R. J. (2012). Entrepreneurs in entertainment. In M. R. Marvel (Ed.), Encyclopedia of New Venture Management. Thousand Oaks, California: Sage Publishing.