When students graduate from Memorial with a business degree, they are prepared to compete and succeed anywhere in the world.
That’s because studying at the Faculty of Business Administration goes beyond classroom learning. Our teaching and learning opportunities take you beyond the borders of our province and connects you with a global community of business leaders.
As the province’s only business faculty, we have a special obligation to educate business leaders who are prepared to guide the economic future of the province. Our unique identity – and that of Memorial University and Newfoundland and Labrador – shapes the impact we collectively make in the province, the country and the world. We believe that our province’s best resource is our people, and it’s our duty to provide them with the best education possible to prepare them to compete and succeed in anywhere in the world.
We are a recognized leader in Canadian business education, offering innovative programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Our programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International, a mark of exceptional quality in management education and the highest distinction a business school can achieve worldwide.
We’re also one of few business schools in Canada to be part of the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program. A significant portion of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge is included the curricula of our undergraduate programs as well as our two-year master of business administration program.
- 1973: We launched the first co-operative undergraduate business degree in Canada.
- 1976: Our MBA program was the first in Canada to require coursework in business ethics.
- 1980: Our commerce degree became the first business program in Canada to receive national accreditation by the Canadian Association for Co-operative Education (CAFCE).
- 1990s: We were among the first business schools in Canada to require undergraduate coursework in entrepreneurship.
- 2002: We were the first business school in Atlantic Canada to receive AACSB accreditation.
- 2014: We were the first in Atlantic Canada to offer a master of science (M.Sc.) in management degree.
- 2018: We created the first MBA in social enterprise and entrepreneurship in Canada.
Our global connections
Our focus on global preparedness has led to over 40 innovative partnerships in countries in Europe, Asia, Oceania and South America to offer exchanges and international partnership degrees.
We’re connected to the global financial community through the White Trading Lab and Bloomberg terminals, and our researchers have a broad interest in the challenges and issues facing the business communities of this province and indeed, the world.
Through it all, we remain committed to sharing our story – that of resilience, leadership, innovation and excellence – and preparing the business leaders of tomorrow.