MBA-SEE Program Structure
Memorial’s MBA-SEE is highly experiential with a structured class schedule that students undertake together. All students will complete:
- A one-week orientation
- Two academic semesters
- A four-month internship
Students are expected to participate in special events, field trips and more in order to learn from social enterprises in the community, solidify connections and gain a fully immersive social enterprise experience.
The MBA-SEE requires the successful completion of a four-month internship, which may include new venture incubation. Students will reconnect with the cohort following their internships to summarize the learning outcomes and present their reflection papers.
All students will complete 36 credit hours, as specified below, in order to successfully complete the program.
Fall Semester (16 credit-hours)
- BUSI 8500: Introductions to Social Innovation, Social Enterprise and Social Entrepreneurship
- BUSI 8501: The Rise of Sustainable Capitalism
- BUSI 8502: Organizational Behaviour in Social Enterprise
- BUSI 8503: Managing Social Enterprises: Marketing
- BUSI 8504: Managing Social Enterprises: Accounting
- BUSI 8505: Managing Social Enterprises: Human Resources
- BUSI 8506: Managing Social Enterprises: Information Systems
Winter Semester (16 credit-hours)
- BUSI 8507: Managing Social Enterprises: Finance
- BUSI 8508: Managing Social Enterprises: Operations Management
- BUSI 8509: Leadership within Social Enterprises
- BUSI 8510: Economics and Public Policy
- BUSI 8511: Strategic Business Planning for a Social Venture
- BUSI 8512: Funding Social Ventures
- BUSI 8513: Project Management
- BUSI 8514: Legal and Regulatory Issues
- BUSI 8515: Governing Social Enterprises
- BUSI 8516: Social Impact Measurement
Spring/Summer (4 credit-hours)
*Individual courses in this program may be offered in an accelerated format within the semester.