Certified Executive Coach, BA, MBA, PhD
- Associate Professor
- International Business
Contact InformationPh: 709.864.7937
Dr. Chansoo Park joined the Faculty of Business Administration as an assistant professor of international business and strategy. Dr. Park worked for the Centre for International Business Studies at the University of British Columbia as a research associate prior to joining Memorial. He has taught courses in international business, strategy and organizational theory in Canada, China and South Korea, and has international experience working with a multinational consulting firm. He has also worked for Amore Pacific Corporation, the largest consumer goods company in South Korea, as a marketing manager at its headquarters in Seoul. He served his military service at an air defense artillery brigade in South Korea.
Dr. Park holds a graduate certificate in executive coaching from Royal Roads University in Canada, where he received the Graham Dickson Leadership and Learning Award. He also holds a PhD in international business and strategy from Sogang University in Seoul, a top business school in South Korea. He was a post-doctoral fellow at the Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia under the supervision of the eminent scholar, Dr. Ilan Vertinsky.
- Ivey Publishing’s Annual Best Seller Award
- Teaching Fellowship for Full-time Faculty, Faculty of Business, Memorial University
- Highest Award for Achievement, Dale Carnegie Training
- Social Science and Humanities Research Council Research Insight Development Grant (Principle investigator): Park, C., Vertinsky, I., Becerra, M. & Minbaeva, D.
- Outstanding Reviewer of 2014 Award, Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences
- Dean’s Strategic Research Award, Faculty of Business, Memorial University
- Rhee, Y., Park, C., & Petersen, B. (2019) The Effect of Local Stakeholder Pressures on Responsive and Strategic CSR Activities. Business & Society 0007650318816454.
- Park, C., Viswanathan, V., Parveen. S., Gopinath, R. & Furey, M. (2019). Costco Wholesale Corporation: Market Expansion and Global Strategy. Ivey Case (9B19M007).
- Minbaeva, D., Park, C., Vertinsky, I., & Cho, Y. (2018). Disseminative capacity and knowledge acquisition from foreign partners in international joint ventures. Journal of World Business, Vol. 53, Issue 5, PP 712-724.
- Kim, Y., Shrabani, S., Vertinsky, I., & Park, C. (2018). The Impact of National Institutional Quality on International Tourism Inflows: A Cross-Country Evidence. Tourism Analysis, Vol. 23, Issue 4, PP 533-551.
- Park, C., Oh, C., & Kasim, A. (2017). Market challenges, strategic orientations, and innovativeness in IJVs. International Marketing Review, Vol. 34, Issue 6, PP 945-967.
- Kasim, A., Yussuf, N., Park, C. (2017). Application of corporate Social Responsibility in Stakeholder Management. International Journal of Research in Tourism and Hospitality, Vol. 3, Issue 3, PP 25-42.
- Park, C., & Vertinsky, I. (2016). Reverse and conventional knowledge transfers in international joint ventures. Journal of Business Research, Vol. 69, Issue 8, PP 2821-2829.
- Park, C., Vertinsky, I., & Becerra, M. (2015). Transfers of tacit vs. explicit knowledge and performance in international joint ventures: The role of age. International Business Review, Vol. 24, Issue 1, PP 89-101.
- Park, C. & Cho, Y. (2014). Study on coaching: key antecedents of executive coaching effectiveness for global firms. The Journal of Professional Management, Vol. 16, Issue 4, PP 25-43. (Language: Korean).
- Chen, J., Chen, T., Vertinsky, I., Yumagulova, L., & Park, C. (2013). Public–private partnerships for the development of disaster resilient communities. Journal of Contingencies and Crisis Management, Vol. 21, Issue 3, PP 130-143.
- Kasim, A., Dzakiria, H., Park, C., Mohd Nor, N. A., Mokhtar, M. F., & Rashid Radha, J. R. (2013). Predictors of travel motivations: the case of domestic tourists to island destinations in northwest of Malaysia. Anatolia: An International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, Vol. 24, Issue 2, PP 188-205.
- Park, C., Vertinsky, I., & Lee, C. (2012). How the Exchange Climate Affects Tacit Knowledge Transfer from Foreign Parents. International Marketing Review, Vol. 29, Issue 2, PP 151-174.