BBA, B.Ed., MBA, PhD
- Associate Professor
Contact InformationPh: 709.864.4600
Dr. Tim Jones’ research activities focus on two areas. He conducts research that examines the content and value of relationships that customers have with individual service providers and service firms. In addition, he examines the impact of violent content in advertising. His research has been published in the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, the Journal of Service Research, the Journal of Advertising, the Journal of Services Marketing, Qualitative Marketing Research, the Canadian Journal of Media Studies, the Journal of Family Violence and in the proceedings of conferences held by the American Marketing Association, the Academy of Marketing Science, and the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada.
Dr. Jones taught a variety of marketing courses at McMaster University, University of Calgary, Queen's University and Nipissing University at both the undergraduate and graduate level before joining Memorial University. He has co-authored over 30 cases in the areas of marketing strategy, integrated marketing communications, marketing research, small business management, and marketing ethics – many of which have been published in marketing or small business textbooks or used in a variety of case competitions in North America. His textbook and software package, BCAP (Business Case Analysis Process), is now in its fourth edition.
Dr. Jones has experience as a marketing research consultant for IPSOS, the City of Ottawa, and Magazines Canada, and as a consultant for management simulation programs at universities in Canada, the United States, and Venezuela.
- Jones, T. (forthcoming), Advertising and its Influence on Society, Encyclopedia of Media Violence. Sage Publications.
- Pliniussen, J. and Jones, T. Marketing with BCAP – 2012 Edition. First Choice Books, Victoria BC.
- Jones, T. and Taylor, SF. (2012), Service Loyalty: Accounting for Social Capital, Journal of Services Marketing.
- Jones, T., SF Taylor, and Dacin, P. (2011), Relationship Damage: A New Look at Service Transgressions and Relational Outcomes, Journal of Service Research
- Jones, T and Chaulk, K. (2011). Online Relational Intrusion: Further Concerns About Facebook, Journal of Family Violence
- Jones, T., Cunningham, P, and Gallagher, K. (2010), Violent Advertising: A Multi-layered Content Analysis, Journal of Advertising.
- Jones, T., Taylor, SF, Fabrigar, L., and Fox, G. (2010), Service Customer Commitment and Response, Vol. 38 (1), Journal of Services Marketing
- Jones. T., Taylor, SF, and Bansal, H. (2008), Commitment to a friend, a service employee, or a service company: are they distinctions worth making, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 36 (5)