Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
The University Calendar is the final authority on all matters related to program curriculum, continuance, graduation requirements and more.
Information about the new B.Comm. and B.Comm.(Co-op.) programs is expected to be available in the calendar in Spring 2022. Until such time, students may use our website as a guide. For more information, students may contact an academic advisor at email@example.com.
Below is a list of common questions related to new program curriculum launching in Fall 2022. This page will be continually updated, and students are encouraged to check back regularly.
- What will first year look like?
- What are the differences between the new B.Comm. and B.Comm.(Co-op.)?
- Are there any changes to courses or core requirements?
- Can I complete the new program online and/or part-time?
- Can I complete other credentials with the new program(s) (minors, certificates, diplomas or joint degrees)?
- Can I complete a concentration? Is it formalized/noted on transcript or parchment?
- What subject areas can I focus on?
Program requirements and structure
- What are the continuation and graduation requirements for the new programs?
- What is the structure for each program?
- Why are the professional development courses non-credit? Do they count towards the completion of my degree?
Certificate and diploma programs
- What are the changes to the certificate and diploma programs?
- Can the certificate and/or diploma be completed online?
- Do the certificate and/or diploma count towards a degree?
- Is work experience still required to be admitted to the certificate and/or diploma program?
- How do I apply for admission into the new program?
- What are the application deadlines?
- What happens after Business One?
- I am of Indigenous ancestry. Are there seats reserved for Indigenous students? How do I apply for them?
- How will non-numerical grades be considered in the admissions process?
- Is it competitive to get into these programs?
- Is one program more competitive than the other?
- How many students will be accepted?
Current Students (up to Aug. 31, 2022)
- I’m currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at Memorial. How do I learn about my options?
- Can I take courses from the new curriculum even though I’m in the existing program?
- How long do I have to declare the bachelor of business administration (BBA)?
- How long do I have to apply for the pre-2023 bachelor of commerce (co-operative) program?
- I am currently enrolled in a business program at Memorial. Will the introduction of the new programs impact my studies?
- Why will the BBA no longer be available?
- Why is honours designation no longer being offered?
- Why is the international business minor no longer being offered?
- I have work experience. Can I skip the professional development courses?
- When will the new courses be available?
- I’m not a business student. Can I register for business courses?
- How can I learn more about the new programs?